Look, salmon will just never survive in the yemen.

It’s the warm inside yet chill of autumn, my first time here a decade ago; I walk past grand terraces to the side looking for my believe it or not perfectly resonably affordable hotel. In a warm familial window glows a gentle intellectual hue of sophisticated women, they look like the might be a writing support group, but a good one that you’d want to be part of. They’re friends, like each other, are on the same wavelength and get on;- it’s very stimulating.

It’s January this year and I’m walking down Folkestones Artist’s Quarter cobbled street district, they’re young writers, or want to be. The place has that same hue;- it’s small but intimate, with walls of bookshelves, coffee being served. I’m not sure they know each other, yet it’s being the part and playing the role, looking like you are, one of those people now myself.

I’m watching bridget jones the edge of reason, probably not for the first time brenda; who’s this beautiful leggy thing mark likes instead of me I say with a twig in my hair. I’ll not honour that with an answers he reply’s. So here I am getting my head around the portrait of an artist as a young man;- I never did get past the sequence with the strict father of fire and brimstone morals. And it’s not really me anyway, how could I ever compete with those law society types, they’re so flawless.

And so the average person starts quoting their life’s credentials. Well now I’ve pointed the dynamic out I’m not going to am I, it’s not the thing to do. But now I’m boring to them with nothing to say, okay I will mention a credential, oh that’s vulgar I can’t win. So I ask what’s the salient point and moral of the story involved. Friendship, a warm hearth and means of connecting to like minded souls and spirits. Anyway what did you think of the second write up of the handmaid’s tale.

Now I’m depressed, albeit it with a biscuit and coffee to hand;- I dunno, I get you it’s tragic that such happens in the world, but honestly don’t you find it just a bit negative, surely it’s better to read things that are just a bit more uplifting in the first place, rather than dwelling in the misery of others so often. She pauses to think for a moment or two, how do I combat this point;- yes I get there’s always a counter point, but my point is that surely that first assertation stands for good no matter. It’s a no brainer surely;- if you want to feel more contented in life and just generally more positive, and who on earth wouldn’t want to, read stories and expose yourself to things that are actually going okay, as opposed to falling apart in limitation, surely’

As far as I’m concerned that’s discussion over. Don’t like you;- and you’re aving a fag’

Well there yer have it;- yes negativity is real, but don’t dwell when you don’t have to.

And for the record, that is how the handmaid’s might escape;- he’s looking for cheer’

these people who think they’re intelligent eh. I’m tired of them turning out not so.

heading queensferry way now’